Wednesday, April 1, 2015

What Would Jesus Do?

I have thought about this very question many times but until today I never REALLY thought about it. It's quite silly for anyone to ask this question or even remotely think they could know the answer to it. None of us could even come close to doing what Jesus would do because unlike Jesus we have no way of knowing things the way He does. We don't know what will be if we choose to do something one way instead of another. We don't know the true intent of someone else's heart. We don't KNOW the way He knows. We want to be like Him and that's all good but all we can do is ask for His help and guidance to do the right thing.We can strive to be like Him but in all honesty how could we ever do what He would do? We can't but you can be the best you and I can be the best me that He wants us to be by following His example to the best of our abilities possible. I know He loves me and each person individually and He wants us to be the best we can be as ourselves and He wants us all to be happy!!!! Life is hard. I get that. And sometimes life brings us to tears and anger and frustration but even in those times He wants us to be happy. We should not make it harder for ourselves in these trying times by thinking less of ourselves for not doing what Jesus would do. It's easy to do but that's not what He wants for us. He wants us to know and learn through His example and strive to do our best and be even better the next time. He wants us to learn and grow from whatever happens in our lives. 

I think instead of asking "what would Jesus do?" we should ask ourselves "how can I be happy as Jesus would want me to be?" This is a lot easier said than done but......it makes a lot more sense and in the end one turns out to be better off. I've realized He never meant for me to be perfect He just meant for me to be happy with me and being the best me I can be. But to do this I need to keep open our line of communication! I need to talk with Him. Share my thoughts; my desires; my concerns as well as to ask for help in all things. I can't do anything He doesn't already know I will do so why not talk to Him and stay on the same page? Without Him I'm nothing so I should be the best me by just asking for the guidance He is freely willing to give to me!!

During this season and time of year I think about a lot of things this way. As we sing this hymn in church I can’t even get through it because of how poignant the words are to me. 

I Stand All Amazed

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, He suffered, He bled and died.

I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That He should extend His great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

I think of His hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at His feet.

Oh, it is wonderful that He should care for me Enough to 
die for me! Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

Charles H Gabriel, 1856-1932

The Savior has given EVERYTHING for us and all we are 
asked to do is be the best us we can be! That's all! We can 
know what is right and what is wrong, all we have to do is
make the correct chose. He loves us so much that when we 
loose our way we are always welcomed back with open arms. 
What a wonderful plan! I am so grateful for all I have because I know that all I have is because of my Savior! I love Him and I'm so grateful that I know this truth....I know this.

I am always grateful for the Easter season and I give much
time to thinking about all I have to be thankful for and
all I KNOW about my Savior and all I still want to learn 

from Him. What a great blessing for me.....for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment