Thursday, April 2, 2015

I STAND ALL AMAZED – Originally Written on 11/22/2010

I shared this in a blog I had a few years ago but it kind of follows the last one I posted earlier and it goes along with this week! I hope you get the message you need!

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me,
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, He suffered, He bled and died.

I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That He should extend His great love unto such as I.
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

I think of His hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy,such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at His feet.

OH, IT IS WONDERFUL THAT HE SHOULD CARE FOR ME
ENOUGH TO DIE FOR ME!
OH, IT IS WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL TO ME!

WOW!!!! How inspired was this man? I can only imagine how he felt as he wrote these words.

I am one who LOVES, LOVES, LOVES music and what it does to my mind and soul. Music is so powerful especially when I don't just sing words but really read and feel them. I have had so many blessings come to me through music and probably even more than I know.

I get very emotional when I sing certain hymns. Mostly those that have to do with my Savior and reminding me of what He has done for me and continues to do each and every day. It helps to remind me that all I am and all I do and all there is, is because of Him and for that I am soooo very grateful! But also because of that I can become emotional as I sing these type of hymns.

The one above is notorious for doing that to me but today was different.

I don't know why of how but I had an overwhelming experience with this hymn today. Maybe it's because I hadn't realized that I had chosen this hymn until on my way to church today and just a few days ago I was talking with someone about this very hymn and how meaningful it is to me and to the person I was talking with. As I stood to direct this hymn I search for this person in the congregation. Needless to say he was not there, I'm sure he was in some stake meeting or something because his family was there. But as I sang and really thought about each and every word I had this feeling come over me.

Yes, I was grateful for what my Savior has done for me.

Yes, I am a sinner and yet He still loves me and suffered all that He did for me and all my screw ups in the future.

Yes, I felt I WAS at His feet!

I felt soooooooo happy. It was a feeling I hope to never forget but I know it's not one that happens often. I believe He helped me to feel as proud and as strong and as confident about what I was singing than I ever have before. To me I felt I was bearing testimony of MY feelings! I felt that me face was going to burst because my smile was so big. And that my heart would jump out of my body because I felt so strong and such conviction!!


I did STAND ALL AMAZED! And for that I am most thankful!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment