Sunday, March 15, 2015

Some More Thoughts

The following are a few things I've been learning in my religion course and as I've learned I've given much time to thinking on what I believe and think about such things. These are my thoughts and opinions only, of course. I wanted to share and maybe get others thoughts and opinions on these things as well!

The Family: A Proclamation to the World teaches us many important thing which we need to understand as we live and strive to return home to our loving Father in Heaven one day. This was counsel given to us through true prophets of God who live on earth today and talk and gain guidance from God as He sees fit to provide to them. In turn, they direct and guide us on how we should live our lives in order to gain the eternal blessings, which we have been promised.

We first learn that marriage and family are ordained of God and are essential to the eternal plan of our Father, the great Plan of Happiness. The Lord then provides instruction on our roles as parents.

Man is created in the image                            Woman is created in the
of God                                                                      image of God

** Gender is eternal – we always have been and always will be the gender which we were created to be period! **

We learn that in our premortal existence we lived as spirit sons and daughters and we “knew and worshipped God as our Eternal Father.” We accepted the “Plan” and chose to come to earth to gain a physical body by which we can learn and grow through our earthly experiences and become as our Father one day. We are promised that, “The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave.”

Our roles as parents:

Fathers                                                         Mothers

“By divine design, fathers are to                  “Mothers are primarily
preside over their families in love               responsible for the nurture
and righteousness and are                              of their children.”
responsible to provide the
necessities of life and protection
for their families.”

“In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. (emphasis added)

As a wife and mother, am I really doing all I can and all that is required of me? Am I giving my best self to those I love? What can I do better? What areas can I improve in myself? These are all some questions I've been thinking about and would ask that you think of these things as well. How do you answer these questions?


No comments:

Post a Comment